Saturday 30 March 2013

COOLIN

Richard Canaday and I spent today walking around Seyðisfjörður and I checked out the hostel where he stays. Great place with stunning views overlooking the Fjord. After this we made our way towards the sound domes, these are dome shaped concrete sculptures up on one of the mountain sides. The creator is German artist Lukas Kühne more info can be found here. On the way up the to the domes I found a beer in my pocket, one I acquired the night before. A strange old man who had been in Cafe Lára most of the night come up to me and gave me a beer out of his bag, he also invited me back to his place for a few beers. I declined this time but I would like to know his story. I must draw this man and add it here a later. Back to my beer a day later, it was luke warm in my pocket. When on the snowy mountainside I decided to make this a good beer for when we descend back to town.
The domes are quite amazing, Richard showed me if you stand in a certain spot the person talking to you sounds like they are talking in your head, fucking hell! This was too weird and really freaked me out. After a while I learned to enjoy the experience.