Sunday 10 March 2013

THIS BRAVE ARTSMAN FROM SE ENGLANDS - PART NίU

Shock of the NίU



What a glorious day, just the thing to nurse a hangover!
I found myself going for a long walk as the weather was right for it, spectacular scenery and not too cold. Perhaps the clear skies will bring some northern lights this evening.


First off though was a nice pint of Yorkshire gold.
I set off at a steady pace, thinking today is sublime and Suck eggs London!

The first port of call was the Blue Church, now if there was a reason to thank the lord this would be the place to do it, except it was closed.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
shit it's closed

So I figured outside with nature is as good a church as any. Actually who needs a church when you have fucking great mountains?




I took a leisurely walk up the road and just kept going, there was no need to stop I just kept going, past the harbour and kept going. Actually I looked back for a moment to look at my house on this glorious day.
There she is on the right past the snow pile
Yes then I kept going past the harbour and kept going
Look at those cute little boats...must keep going
So I made it my pleasure to be at leisure and keep going, taking it all in as I went. I figure If I keep going and get back to Skaftfell for fiveish then I can try one of their famous Pizzas. So I kept going.


 

Many water falls adorn the rocks to my right. Many are half frozen and some completely so, like this one. So I kept going and thought about making art too. Then I made some art it is called 'Never'.

NEVER, Urine on snow, 2013
After making my art I kept going, I looked back to check out the sun and kept going.


I went passed the fish factory and then a kind of power station, thankfully it was bugger off civilisation after that. Mountains either side, the fjord flowing out to sea to my right. Drinking in the sublime was a great way to cure a hangover. It was now time to make my next piece of art, entitled eating the sublime.


My phone battery run out after the hardcore art making so no more documentation from my exhilarating walk but let me say it was good.