Monday 18 March 2013

QUAKE

    



This is the first in a series of videos which I am undertaking in the coming weeks. Hopefully the end result will be an epic collection of Quake actions using the local community in Seyðisfjörður. This work is a dramatised account of the everyday, shopping at the local supermarket, having a beer or going for a walk. The mundane is suddenly amplified through a faux earthquake. I was surprised to learn that earthquakes are an everyday occurrence in Iceland. I guess this takes place mostly outside of civilisation, fascinating none the less. You can keep an eye on the locations of the Earthquakes on this website (best weather channel I have seen on the net).  


I think it is important to mention that I have recently discovered the work of Icelandic artist Thorvaldur Thorsteinsson who sadly passed away on 23rd February 2013 aged just 52. I believe this work 'Quake' nods towards his brilliant work 'Most Real Death' Seen below.